I have to be honest since Kevin Fink left Flippa, I have not spent a ton of time there, looking at a domain auction that stood out once in awhile.
I had a friend who wanted to list a business for sale and told me he wanted to use Flippa.
While on the site checking out the price for business listings, I noticed a couple days ago Flippa changed their pricing.
It will now cost $25 to list a domain name for sale, plus a 10% success fee. For a business that has been around for more than 6 months it looks like the new price is $200 plus the success fee.
Flippa also looks to be adding a new ID verification system starting this month.
Over the last few months we’ve been working on several ways to improve our seller and buyer experience. This has included the introduction of Flippa Escrow, high value business sales, dedicated account management for both sellers and buyers and the introduction of a broker program. Moving forward, we’ll also be investing for efficiency and to protect the integrity of the marketplace. This will include:
- ID verification to assure buyers and sellers
- Seller declarations to pre-qualify business inclusions
- In-platform buyer / seller messaging services
- An easy to use profile creator
And today, we are announcing new pricing plans designed to better suit our three core services. The new plans take effect effective immediately – Monday 5th November 2018 and are as follows:
- Asset Sales including the sale of a domain, app or starter site, i.e. something not generating any revenue, can be sold for a listing fee of $25 and success fee of 10%.
- Self Service Business Sales is best suited to profitable businesses with a minimum six month trading history. Sell for a listing fee of $200 and a success fee of 10%.
- Broker Supported Business Sales will match you with a specialist broker. Best for those with annual profits of 200k+. Sell for a listing fee of $200 and a success fee of 15%.
The 10% success fee on Asset Sales and Self Service Business Sales is a reduction. This was previously 15% for Credit Card payments and 12% when using Flippa’s escrow service. Flippa still absorbs the escrow transaction cost.
Note: Pricing and fees are in USD. Your sell price should always be in USD.