If you check out the top 20 you can see its a very impressive list to make:
1. Oprah Winfrey @Oprah (24,518,272 followers) –CEO of OWN
2. Bill Gates @billgates (16,282,164 followers) – CEO of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
3. Richard Branson @richardbranson (4,230,000 followers) – CEO of Virgin Group Bio: Tie-loathing adventurer and thrill seeker, who believes in turning ideas into reality.
4. Tony Hsieh @tonyhsieh (2,802,987 followers) – CEO of Zappos.com
5. Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump (2,620,635 followers) – CEO of Trump Organization
6. Jack Dorsey @jack (2,591,787 followers) – CEO of Intellectual Ventures
7. Mark Cuban @mcuban (2,263,917 followers) – CEO of Intellectual Ventures Bio: Cyber Dust ID: blogmaverick
8. Tim O’Reilly @timoreilly (1,774,163 followers) – CEO of O’Reilly Media Bio: Founder and CEO, O’Reilly Media.
9. Ivanka Trump @IvankaTrump (1,611,232 followers) – CEO of Ivanka Trump Apparel and Accessories Bio: American wife, mother and entrepreneur
10. Kevin Rose @kevinrose (1,461,073 followers) – Former CEO of Digg Bio: Partner at Google Ventures. Board member at the Tony Hawk Foundation. Founder of @digg, @revision3.
11. Jack Welch @jack_welch (1,429,986 followers) – Founder of Jack Welch Management Institute Bio: Author, Commentator, and Executive Chairman of the Jack Welch Management Institute..
12. Guy Kawasaki @GuyKawasaki (1,404,785 followers) – CEO of Alltop Bio: Chief evangelist of Canva.com
13. Anand Mahindra @anandmahindra (1,236,589 followers) – CEO of Mahindra Group Bio: Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra Group
14. Dick Costolo @dickc (1,198,219 followers) – CEO of Twitter Bio: CEO at Twitter
15. Amy Martin @AmyJoMartin (1,177,533 followers) – CEO of Digital Royalty Bio: NY Times Best Selling Author & Founder of @DigitalRoyalty.
16. Gary Vaynerchuk @garyvee (1,061,331 followers) – CEO of VaynerMedia @vaynermedia.
17. Tony Fernandes @tonyfernandes (957,972 followers) – CEO of AirAsia Bio: GCEO of AirAsia, Founder of Tune Group, Chairman of QPR , Chairman of Caterham Group.
18. Warren Buffet @WarrenBuffett (842,639 followers) – CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Bio: Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
19. Geoff De Weaver @geoff_deweaver (832000 followers) – CEO of Touchpoint Bio: Geoff De Weaver CEO of Touchpoint Entertainment | Streaming | Social Business | Digital | Author | Top 1% LinkedIn, Klout +Kred | Top 100 Tech Influencer | NYC
20 Eric Schmidt @ericschmidt (823,619 followers) – Former CEO of Google Bio: Executive Chairman & former CEO
21. Michael Dell @MichaelDell (816,259 followers) – CEO of Dell.com
22. Elon Musk @elonmusk (729,675 followers) – CEO of Tesla and SpaceX Bio: Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity & PayPal
23. John Legere @JohnLegere (719,894 followers) – CEO of T-Mobile Bio: T-Mobile CEO
24. Steve Case @stevecase (658,888 followers) – CEO of Revolution, Former CEO of AOL Bio: Co-founder of AOL; now Chairman of Case Foundation and Revolution (LivingSocial, Zipcar, Exclusive Resorts, Everyday Health, FedBid, Miraval, etc)
25. Marissa Mayer @marissamayer (600,508 followers) – CEO of Yahoo! Bio: @ Yahoo!
Monte Cahn is number 354 on the list of 400:
354 Monte Cahn @montecahn (2,056 followers) – CEO of Right of the Dot Bio: President and Director of RIGHTOFTHEDOT.com / Board Advisor / Investor in DomainHoldings.com / Former Founder / CEO of Moniker.com and President – Snapnames.com
“Never before have Shakespeare’s words, “All the world’s a stage…” been more appropriate! Thanks to the social universe you can now connect the dots with everyone and everything in a matter of seconds.
It’s little wonder then, that Strategic Objectives’ blog post Should CEO’s Tweet? Risks and Rewards attracted mega social pick-up around the world. The piece detailed some of the up- and downsides of corporate leaders tweeting and lamented that Social CEOs are rare and hard-to-find. In fact recent research shows that fully 70% of the world’s CEOs have NO presence on any online platform, much less Twitter!
The fact remains, however, there are a goodly number of CEOs around the world on Twitter; and there’s really no better way to tap into their 24/7, non-stop collective stream of social consciousness than a Twitter List.
That’s why our mighty @SO_pr team set out to create the Ultimate List of Social CEOs on Twitter – a new and definitive list, at least for today, of CEOs who tweet.
The Ultimate List of Social CEOs on Twitter
You can find and follow our Ultimate List of Social CEOs on Twitter here. Please keep reading for some analysis; to review the entire list, all in one place; and to find out who helped us create it.
It’s clear from following this Twitter list that some CEOs tweet way more than others. Our CEO stream of consciousness spans the globe, and includes the famous, such as @Oprah, @rupertmurdoch, @richardbranson and Mark Cuban, @mcuban; and the infamous, such as reality TV star @jefholm, CEO of People Water, who made a name for himself last year as Emily, The Bachelorette’s fiancé – a fact that is not mentioned in his bio!
It also features CEOs who are not only the face of their product or service, but whose service is, in fact, their Twitter account – such as @mashable’s Pete Cashmore, @timoreilly, CEO of O’Reilly Media, and @markraganCEO of Ragan’s PR Daily.
The Ultimate List of Social CEOs on Twitter is as diverse as the people on it.
As a whole it presents a unique view from the top of the corporate ladder.
You will see that CEOs’ individual Twitter styles are very different – some converse and engage, others broadcast one-way. Some offer personal info like “I’m meeting (fill in name of celebrity) for breakfast,” others give stock tips, or promote their latest book or product. The individuals on this list present a rare, unedited glimpse into the business world, something impossible before Twitter made its indelible mark on the social landscape.
On With the Show!””