4.CN had a big one Saturday, 125.com close today at $292,136, there were 321 bids.
The top 10 sales posted on 4.cn :
Domain NameClosing Price Xe.com shows 1RMB = .1611 USD
- 125.com¥1,815,000 RMB
- 357.com¥995,889 RMB August 2014
- xy.com¥948,000 RMB December 2011
- zy.com¥901,000 RMB November 2011 after selling on Sedo earlier in 2011 for $106,000.
- mingshi.com¥891,000 RMB January 2015
- 102.com¥831,000 RMB August 2014
- 103.com¥802,000 RMB August 2014
- 886.com¥688,888 RMB November 2011
- kq.com¥638,000 RMB December 2012
- 920.com¥589,888 RMB Feb 2014
So you can see that 125.com almost doubled the previous high sale 357.com. The domain was registered in 1997 and dropped twice before that. Up until July 2013 the domain was registered to a Richard Brodie out of Vermont, the domain went under privacy but the name servers stayed the same.
Screenshots show a reference to a poet Ellin Anderson, who looks to have written books with Brodie and resides in Vermont as well.
Congrats to the seller on topping the charts on 4.cn.