For the first time an applicant for a new gTLD has filed a UDRP against the matching .com
T V SUNDRAM IYENGAR & SONS LIMITED out of India applied to operate the new gTLD .TVS
The company owns the domain name TVS.in but operates it main site out of tvsiyengar.com
As we told you yesterday, the domain name TVS.com is 17 years old with the current owner PA Gordon which owns the domain name getaway.com has owned the domain for at least 12 years according to domaintools.com
The domain name has an original creation date of June 6th, 1997.
The domain TVS.com is parked at Sedo and appears to have been parked for the 12 years that the domain holder has owned it.
The company has annual revenues of $5.7 Billion which of course raises the question of why they simply didn’t go out any buy the domain.
Beyond its use as its Brand the three letters stand for the very generic term TV’s.
According to its application with ICANN, the TVS Group:
• Is a 100 year old renowned business conglomerate in India. It has revenues of US$5.7 Billion, for the Financial Year 2012-13.
• It operates primarily in the automotive sector. Itʹs businesses are automotive dealerships, Motorola cycles and scooters, logistics services, and financial services.
• All itʹs businesses operate under the common brand of ʺTVSʺ
• The group comprises of 40 + companies & employs 25,000 + people and its operations expand internationally to USA, UK, GCC, Indonesia & China. Itʹs world class manufacturing facilities span 6 countries, across the globe.
• Its customers include all the top tier car and commercial vehicles world-wide. It has won supplier of the year awards consistently from several global brands. The group’s automotive component businesses have global revenues of over 30% of sales.
• The Group is actively practicing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and has touched over 200,000 citizens. It has created self-reliant and sustainable development of rural communities – in the field of economic development, primary health, education, environment, infrastructure – spread across villages – in co-operation with and active participation by the local communities. Last year, some of these initiatives were recognized with national awards.
• Uniting these multiple businesses is a common ethos of quality, customer service and ethical business practices, that collectively represent the TVS brandʹs value. The groupʹs brand has been rated as the sixth most trusted Indian brand in recent polls.
• “TVS” is built up on core ideals of “Trust” with uncompromising “ethics”; (Value) in business performance; and strong passion towards customer requirements (Service).
Mission⁄Purpose of proposed gTLD
• The proposed gTLD is for internal use by group companies, employees, suppliers, distributors, dealers, service partners and all stake holders including loyal customers within the TVS Group.
• The mission of .TVS is to reinforce the existing identity and brand in the internet web space in a more meaningful way within the eco-system of TVS group and also to– expand the TVS presence in the “online space” both nationally and internationally.
• The purpose of gLTD is to:
o Provide a self identity to the businesses and all stake holders within the TVS Group
o Strengthen the professionalism and trust among businesses, customers, dealers and organizations
o Create a uniquely branded web presence enhancing the service level to the customers”””