Thedomain name SNF.com has become the latest generic domain to be hit with a UDRP.
The domain name is owned by Vertical Axis, which has owned the domain since 2005 according to DomainTools.com
The domain name is parked with a very generic page which also indicates the domain is available for sale or for lease.
The UDRP was filed by S.P.C.M. SA, which according to BusinessWeek.com, the private holding company was founded in France in 1978, “which through its subsidiary, manufactures and markets water soluble polymers and chemicals. The company offers super-absorbent, thickeners, coagulants, and dispersants products to cosmetic, personal-hygiene, agriculture, and textile sectors.”
The company site is at SNF-Group.com which was registered in 2006.
Here is the letter from the Chairman and CEO of the company Pascal REMY, that appears on the front page of its website:
Since its creation in 1978, SNF has always followed the same long-term organic development strategy based on the following principles:
• Industrial international development with large regional manufacturing units,
• Local service approach either directly or through partners,
• Sustained investment in the research and development of new products and of new applications,
• Permanent commitment towards training and motivation of employees,
• Continued improvement of the environmental footprint of products, applications and production processes.
Since the beginning, SNF reinvests the vast majority of its financial resources in the expansion of its production capacity with a view to follow market growth and to reduce production costs. This strategy has enabled SNF to become the worldwide leader of its industry and it will be pursued in the future.””