CBS Interactive quietly sold the Killer domain name Events.com sometime in late April of this year to BUMP Network, Inc.
CBS Interactive is a subsidiary of CBS Corporation which owns CBS.
CBS Interactive purchased Cnet in June 2008 and acquired this domain name Events.com as part of that acquisition.
BUMP Network, Inc owns Bump.com which is a different company than Bu.mp which was recently acquired by Google
While Bu.mp is the developer of Android/iOS app that allow users to share contact info, photos, and other files by bumping their phones together, Bump.com and its app seems to allow you to communicate with other based off their license plate.
Events.com is now taking email addresses for “invitations” once it launches.
Events.com simply now says “every event, everywhere”
Here is how the company that is getting ready to launch Events.com describes its Bump.com product:
BUMP‘s integrated web/mobile safety, communication and membership platform is designed to meet the expectations of today’s world, where real-time communications is the expectation. BUMP has been described as a “reverse communication” technology, because it allows you to connect with those you don’t know yet. BUMP products feature:
- Safety & privacy settings are user-managed – you set the rules to determine what BUMP experience is right for you
- BUMP (message) any plate, anywhere, anytime at email@example.com
- Attach pictures, videos or voice messages.
- Natural firewall, your license plate, because no personal information is exchanged between BUMP users.
- ** Voice prompted messaging assistant can be accessed by any phone to enable BUMPs “eyes-on-the-road,” hands-free, common sense communication platform
- Smartphone apps, via camera, enable Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) – “snap (a picture), speak, send!”
- Texting is disabled in BUMP‘s Smartphone app when in motion
- Upgrade your account to access enhanced features & BUMP‘s exclusive network of providers – designed for you
- Add additional license plates, vehicles and users to your primary account (if they are your plates, claim them)
- Upload photos of your vehicles
- Add descriptions to your personal or vehicle profile(s)
- Sell your car – by featuring it to the most relevant community.
- Search for cars that are for sale.
- Search or automatically request products and services that interest you.
- Manage emergency alerts that are important to you.
Hat Tip: Abdu Tarabichi from Domainsville.com