Sedo, today launched a new website in Portuguese to introduce a site for the Brazilian market, with over 80 million internet users.
The e-commerce market in Brazil has been growing steadily, especially in recent years, when the economic strength of the country has increased the purchasing power of the middle class, who increasingly uses the Internet to do business. I
t is also worth to mention that with the exposure through events like the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016, Sedo saw that Brazil is the new frontier in the growth of the online market in the world.
· Portuguese is the most spoken language in the Southern Hemisphere.
· Brazil alone represents a population of over 80 million internet users—the seventh largest internet market globally.
· During 2012, there were 176 Sedo domain transactions involving Brazilian domain buyers, accounting for a total revenue of over $570,000 USD.
· During the first half of 2013, there have been 90 Sedo domain transactions involving Brazilian buyers, accounting for revenue of over $500,000 USD for the year to date.
· The highest value .br domain sales in 2012 were a confidential sale at $25,000 USD and despachante.com.br at $10,000 USD.
· The highest value .br domain name sales in 2013 to date have been roupasdebebe.br and medicos.com.br, both at $10,000 USD.
You can view the new Brazilian site at Sedo.com.br