According to Webhosting.info, 101domain.com has around 10,000 domain names under management.
Here is the full message received by 101Domain.com customers:
“We are writing to you as a primary contact on your account with 101domain.com. We need to make you aware of a security breach that may potentially have affected your account.
We were recently informed by one of our vendors that some of its systems, and those of a few of its customers, including 101domain.com, were compromised to varying degrees by a phishing attack. Although there is no direct evidence that your information was stolen and we have received no customer complaints, this attack may have resulted in unauthorized access to your personal information and possibly your payment information.
Out of an abundance of caution we are passing along the following simple steps that security experts generally recommend you take to protect yourself:
1. Monitor your credit card account statements and credit reports to ensure that your credit card information is not being used fraudulently.
2. Consider putting a freeze on your credit report, which prevents a credit reporting company from releasing your credit report without your consent, by contacting one of the three credit reporting agencies listed below.
3. Be cautious if you receive any emails asking for your personal information, as they could be phishing attacks or other attempts at identity theft. To be clear, 101domain.com will never ask for your personal information or login credentials in an email. In particular, do not respond to emails that threaten to take action if you do not immediately provide personal information.
4. Report suspected incidents of identity theft to local law enforcement.
5. You can obtain two free credit reports, which you are entitled to by law, to help you monitor your credit status. Go to
www.annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228, or contact one of the three agencies directly:
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
475 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
2 Baldwin Place
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022
We want to assure you that we maintain rigorous security practices to protect our customer data. In addition, we offer a suite of security products to our customers to provide additional levels of protection. Many of these services are provided free of charge with your account.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience this incident may have caused you. Thank you for your attention to this matter.