We thank, Juan Enrique Sánchez, President of NameAction.com for the following explanation on the roll out of the new .MX (Mexico) country code domain.
Only those who have registered the domain under .COM.MX, .NET.MX, .ORG.MX, .EDU.MX, or .GOB.MX before MARCH 1ST 2009.
Example: If you have registered store.com.mx you will be able to register store.mx
– The new owner of the domain .MX has to be the same as the .COM.MX.
– If two people request the same domain name the priority will be given to the person who has the registration under .COM.MX, .NET.MX, .ORG.MX, .EDU.MX, or .GOB.MX the longest (before).
– The domains will not be able to have less than 3 characters.
Period: The registration will be for only 1 year
Duration: 3 months (May 1st 2009 to July 31st 2009)
During this period no new request will be allowed, but the requests during the Pre-registrations will be processed.
– All the domains requested and assigned will be activated at the end of this period.
– In case it is considered that the domain name was not assigned under the rules and policies of the Pre-registration period, the owners could initiate a “Process of not Approval of the Assigned domain name under .MX” for which they have 20 days.
Duration: 1 month (August 1st 2009 to August 31st 2009)
Initial Period of Registration:
The registration of .MX will be open for general public.
– The requests will be process by order of arrival (first come- first served).
– The domains will not be able to be shorter than 3 characters.
Period: The registration will only be for 1 year
Price: A new price list will be used which will be published at a certain time.
Duration: 2 months (September 1st 2009 to October 31st 2009)
** There are some reserved domains which will not be able to be registered**
Register you domain .com.mx before March 1st 2009, and you will have priority to register that domain under .MX.
NOTE: Make sure the domain name is not registered already under .NET.MX, .ORG.MX, .EDU.MX o .GOB.MX.