The Next BIG Thing Is 3D: Who Owns Best Domains? (Hint: Its not Me, Frank, Kevin Or Even Rick )

I sure blew this one.

But at least I’m not alone.

The next big thing is going to be 3D.

3D was the talk of the Consumers Electronic Show in Vegas in January.

3d Tv’s are already on sale and the World Cup was broadcast by Directv in 3D.

ESPN is launching its own 3D channel any day now on Directv.

Yup its going to be huge and I missed to boat completely.

However it doesn’t look like I’m alone.

Looking through the best 3D domains I could think of it doesn’t look like Frank, Kevin or even Rick  locked up any of the best 3D domains or at least what I consider to be the best of the best.

I thought it would be interesting to take a look to see who owns the best of the 3D domains.

Lets start with the 5 star domain for the topic,  3D.com.

Its owned under privacy at Network Solutions.

The domain name was created all the way back in 1994.

The domain goes to a Net Sol, parked page so whoever owns it, isn’t making any money off of it, and it does get thousands of visitors a month according to Compete and Alexa.

A Waste.

3DTV.COM Is owned by an end user, Brad Beckerman of Beverly Hills, California

Its actually a pretty cool flash site you should check it out.

3DTELEVISION.COM and 3DGlasses.com are owned by an end user, Deep Vision 3D, of  Hollywood, CA, although the 3dtelevision.com domain is not resolving properly for me the company sells 3DGlasses on the 2nd domain.

The domain, 3-DGLASSES.COM is owned by an end user, Theatric Support of  Studio City, California

3DTVS.COM is registered to Jon Schultz of  Blue String Ventures, Inc.

The domain, 3-dtv.com goes to a parked page and is under privacy.

Ted Amaradidis of Delray Beach Florida, owns  3-DMOVIES.COM and 3Dmovies.com and 3Dmovies.tv

3DTELEVISIONS.COM is owned by domainer,  Gregg Ostrick of  GNO, Inc.

3DSPORTS.COM is owned by our good friend Chad Folkening of  Ecorp.

3DMOVIETHEATERS.COM is owned by Ralf Schumacher, who is another fellow I know pretty well.

3DTHEATERS.COM is owned by a Daniel Symmes of  Woodland Hills, CA and is another domain not resolving properly.

The domain name,  3DADVERTISING.COM is owned by our good friend Stephen Douglas of Success Click.

The domain 3dprojectors.com is owned by Scott Bennett of  Glasgow who is using it for a blog.

3DGAMES.COM is owned by another good friend and ICANN’s worst nightmare, George Kirikos.

3D.TV and 3-D.Tv are both owned by a Guy named Ben Geren.

(If you are not familiar with Mr. Geren He also owns some of the best possible .FM domains,  including Rock.FM, HipHop.FM, Classical.FM, and Country.FM, ClassicRock.FM, and Oldies.FM just to name a few as well as some pretty good .TV Domains including, wireless.tv, channels.tv. concerts.tv and cinema.tv)

Congrats boys, you own part of the future and you all kicked my ass.

Comments

nO IT IS no good..just another “BullS”

hope that answers your Q

move on

***************************8
    MobileWallet.net permalink

not sure if this is any good, but reg’d for $1.50 -

HoloConferencing.com

Cheers

A few weeks ago, I pondered aloud on this thread which of my multiscreen domains would appeal to consumers, and couldn’t select one and noone volunteered, so in a burst of inspiration I registered, iMutliscreen, and it’s live, now. Thanx to Ioana for another slamming logo.

Apple’s been busy!!!

Apple Invents a Killer 3D Imaging Camera for iOS Devices

New Apple 3D App in the Final Stages of Development – See a Screenshot of it on an iPad!

Not so fast dropping those 3D domains, eh? Think I’ll keep my 3Dimage.tv.

4. Giles says

SparkCloud.com
    $893

BioCloud.com
    $1,605

CloudSquare.com
    $660

15-20 people per day access MobileTech .tv because of the 3D printing stocks article I wrote back in November. It started a trickle, and has gotten more.

Dr. Dre hired Digital Domain and AV concepts to create a holographic Tupac Shakur for a Coachella concert with Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog. Technically, it isn’t a hologram, but a tech from the late 19th century called, “Pepper’s Ghost.”

If they’re going to bring back dead singers, I wish it would be Nat King Cole.

If they’re going to bring back dead singers, I wish it would be Nat King Cole.

Rapper’s De-Light: Tupac ‘Hologram’ May Go on Tour

8. 3D is my life (aka the 3D king) says

I’ve already got the champagne on ice. Just let me know when we can start poppin bottles, HoloKing.

I have HoloParakeets.com, by the way.