The Next BIG Thing Is 3D: Who Owns Best Domains? (Hint: Its not Me, Frank, Kevin Or Even Rick )

I sure blew this one.

But at least I’m not alone.

The next big thing is going to be 3D.

3D was the talk of the Consumers Electronic Show in Vegas in January.

3d Tv’s are already on sale and the World Cup was broadcast by Directv in 3D.

ESPN is launching its own 3D channel any day now on Directv.

Yup its going to be huge and I missed to boat completely.

However it doesn’t look like I’m alone.

Looking through the best 3D domains I could think of it doesn’t look like Frank, Kevin or even Rick  locked up any of the best 3D domains or at least what I consider to be the best of the best.

I thought it would be interesting to take a look to see who owns the best of the 3D domains.

Lets start with the 5 star domain for the topic,  3D.com.

Its owned under privacy at Network Solutions.

The domain name was created all the way back in 1994.

The domain goes to a Net Sol, parked page so whoever owns it, isn’t making any money off of it, and it does get thousands of visitors a month according to Compete and Alexa.

A Waste.

3DTV.COM Is owned by an end user, Brad Beckerman of Beverly Hills, California

Its actually a pretty cool flash site you should check it out.

3DTELEVISION.COM and 3DGlasses.com are owned by an end user, Deep Vision 3D, of  Hollywood, CA, although the 3dtelevision.com domain is not resolving properly for me the company sells 3DGlasses on the 2nd domain.

The domain, 3-DGLASSES.COM is owned by an end user, Theatric Support of  Studio City, California

3DTVS.COM is registered to Jon Schultz of  Blue String Ventures, Inc.

The domain, 3-dtv.com goes to a parked page and is under privacy.

Ted Amaradidis of Delray Beach Florida, owns  3-DMOVIES.COM and 3Dmovies.com and 3Dmovies.tv

3DTELEVISIONS.COM is owned by domainer,  Gregg Ostrick of  GNO, Inc.

3DSPORTS.COM is owned by our good friend Chad Folkening of  Ecorp.

3DMOVIETHEATERS.COM is owned by Ralf Schumacher, who is another fellow I know pretty well.

3DTHEATERS.COM is owned by a Daniel Symmes of  Woodland Hills, CA and is another domain not resolving properly.

The domain name,  3DADVERTISING.COM is owned by our good friend Stephen Douglas of Success Click.

The domain 3dprojectors.com is owned by Scott Bennett of  Glasgow who is using it for a blog.

3DGAMES.COM is owned by another good friend and ICANN’s worst nightmare, George Kirikos.

3D.TV and 3-D.Tv are both owned by a Guy named Ben Geren.

(If you are not familiar with Mr. Geren He also owns some of the best possible .FM domains,  including Rock.FM, HipHop.FM, Classical.FM, and Country.FM, ClassicRock.FM, and Oldies.FM just to name a few as well as some pretty good .TV Domains including, wireless.tv, channels.tv. concerts.tv and cinema.tv)

Congrats boys, you own part of the future and you all kicked my ass.

Comments

@Louise,

I own some technical Graphene names such as:

TriLayerGraphene.com
    YellowGraphene.com
    GrapheneGlossary.com

..and some fun ones, such as:

GrapheneIQ.com

It’s going to be an interesting decade with Chemistry, Matter, Materials science, Nanomaterials, Emerging technologies, Dry lubricants, Graphene, Hexagonal tiling etc

3D is indeed a very hot subject. I can see ICANN launching .3D at some point in the future.

There were at least 441 publicly known sales with “3D”.

The most prominent of course 3d(dot)come and 3dprinter(dot)net.

Sharp debuts recorder for 4K TV shows

A Sharp spokeswoman said, “This year will be the start of 4K broadcasting and we wanted to go ahead of the pack, and that’s why we announced the industry’s first 4K recorder with a 4K receiver function.”

Now THATs a 4k recorder! The TU-UD1000 unit will have a hard disk recording capacity of 1TB, which means it will be able to store about 53 hours of 4K TV shows under the trial broadcasting system. That’s what you need to go with your 4k tv, @ Mike Berkens – a 4k recorder! Glad the dot com was able to stay within the family, so to speak, of future trend domain investors. Futrs dropped it, and I registered 4kRecorder.com!

Just spent the last hour registering the twitter handle, 4K Recorder, and the Youtube channel! I haven’t figured out what I am going to do, yet.

Look at the twitter site: http://twitter.com/4krecorder

It’s poetry to own the exact match twitter handle and youtube channel! The domain industry has watched me flounder around for years. But I’m still trying to carve my own path amidst changes, upheaval, and – can’t deny! – some disillusionment. Why am I so positive?

Hit me! I let DualChargers.com expire, and BestSmartTVs.com, because cigarette chargers for two devices is low profit, but I did a search, and dual chargers are big news for Tesla owners, electric car racing, and boating! Google search for Best smart tvs yields lists called, best smart tvs, and has many ads. I couldn’t let them go!

Congrats, @ GilesColey, on your five figures of German cloud domain sales!

Do you want to know what I think will be unveiled at the Apple event September 9th? Haven’t heard or read about it. Some say, the iPhone 6, and perhaps a iWatch. But the Mercury News published an article desribing construction of a huge, 3-story temporary building, as an adjunct to the Flint Center of the Performing Arts, where is first unveiled the Mac in 1985:

so, Apple indicates this will be of historical significance. I think I know, just like I discerned Facebook would rocket to at least 65/share, though, that took longer than one year. Do you want to hear?

• says

Louise

As a Mac convert many years ago, Steve is deeply missed.

The larger iphone which as an older person I’m getting is at least 2 years over due, not that they aren’t going to sell a ton of them, but they could have sold a ton 2 years ago and not play catch up with Samsung, as far as the iwatch not a huge fan but Samsung beat them to the punch there too. I don’t see the temporary building moving the stock 1/8 of a percent

• Louise says

s a Mac convert many years ago, Steve is deeply missed.

The long lost footage of Steve Jobs’ introduction of the mac shows what a master marketer he was!

The video didn’t appear on my previous comment, because you have to remove the, “s,” from the https to get it to show on your blog – appreciate being able to show the video!

• Louise says

I don’t see the temporary building moving the stock 1/8 of a percent

It may tick up quite a bit, if MY intuition is correct:
        Kids, Septermber 9th, Apple will be introducing its home-automation system, for security, to steam live video of kids arriving home from school, or leaving the house, with its hidden cameras near the entrance. If it adopts nfc, Apple phones can even be geo devices, allowing parents to see the whereabouts of their children at all times!

Apple Home Automation will enable benefits, such as:

Expect a family member to visit, while you’re at work? Remotely unlock the front door, after you ascertain their presence via phone and camera.

Monitor package deliveries and their theft or safety, plus receive pool alerts – is the water disturbed? and burgler alarms!

Aside from security, Apple’s automated home, “kit,” app will also control lights, thermostat settings, and any appliances you choose to connect, via remote hub. Automated home software can control shading via blinds and curtains.

Who has the domain, RemoteHub.com? RemoteHub.com is in the MostWantedDomains showcase, administered by Mr. Michael Berkens of World Wide Media and popular domain blog, theDomains.com. It is the era of the remote hub.

This is from:

Party’s On, and Party’s Over! Apple Plans Historical September 9th Announcement
        emergingdomains.com/partys-on-and-partys-over-apple-plans-historical-september-9th-announcement

an article I composed while it is still September 1st, California-time. I wanted to time-stamp it, by quoting it in part, here.

If my intuition is correct, Apple stock might have quite an uptick in coming weeks, as techies figure out the benefits of Apple Home Automation, but it won’t break $1000.00, as someone else predicted in the past, but was proved wrong.

All due respect, @ Raymond, don’t censure me on here, because this thread got to be a catch-all for all things future trend, such as augmented reality, flexible, or bendy display, graphene, 4K, mobile wallet, cloud, and more, with people sharing news of sales, or volunteering their hand regs. It’s part of conversation. Therefore, speculating as to Apple’s forthcoming announcement is pertinent to this thread. If my comment etiquette is rough, so you deleted my comment on your Apple announcement article, I apologize.

You would be deleting at least a third of the comments here, if you strictly kept the topic on 3D. Ask Mike.

Sincerely,