Escrow.com released their Q3 2020 stats and sales rebounded to $77.5 million vs $55.2 million Q2.
You can download the full report here
Escrow.com Domain Investment Index Q3 2020 highlights:
- The total transacted domain name amount has recovered in Q3, after the lull in the previous quarter due to effects from the COVID-19 pandemic. The total domain name transaction amount for Q3 was $77.5 million, compared to $55.2 million in Q2.
- We see a recovery across most leading countries in Q3. Total transactions in the US increased from $42.6 million to $58 million.
- We see a jump in median price return rate to 20% in Q3 2020 compared to Q2 2020. This is expected given the weaker performance in Q2 2020.
- Despite the meager performance in Q2 2020, Q3 2020 outperformed Q3 of last year. Median price return rate in Q3 2020 increased by 7% compared to Q3 2019.
- Median price of domain names with content increased from $3,500 to $5,000, and median price of domain names without content increased slightly from $2,500 to $2,750.
- Similarly, the total transacted volume of domain names with content increased to $12.3 million, while domain names without content increased to $41.75 million.
Nice to see a much needed rebound in Q3 and the median prices increasing was a good sign as well.