Radix’s Premium Domains report for the first half of 2020 is out and here is a look at some of the performance points.
- $1.96M in revenue; 19% growth over H2 2019
- New premium registrations contributed to ~50% of the total premium revenue for this period
- 41% jump in new premium registrations vs H2 2019
- $996K in premium renewal revenue
- .TECH was the highest-grossing TLD with $360K in premium sales
Karn Jajoo – head of Premium Names stated:
There has been consistent growth in Radix’s premium revenue – both from new registrations and renewals.
Premium registrations in the first half of 2020 were 97% higher than in the first half of 2019 and 41% higher than in the second half 2019.
While premium registrations and revenue have grown consecutively for five quarters since Q2 2019, the global pandemic has led to an unprecedented demand in eCommerce and an accelerated need for web presence as businesses of all kinds continue to move online.
This led to a surge in adoption of premium domains in meaningful extensions that are particularly suited for the new normal, like .store – premium .store registrations in Q2 2020 were up by 5.5x compared to the same Quarter in 2019.