VeriSign, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSN) reported earnings today. They showed earnings per share of $1.36 on revenue of $308.4M. This was better than analyst projections. According to Yahoo the company missed on revenues.
The stock closed up on Thursday at $185.73.
• Verisign ended the third quarter of 2019 with cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $1.23 billion, a decrease of $40 million from the end of 2018.
• Cash flow from operating activities was $208 million for the third quarter of 2019, compared to $187 million for the same quarter in 2018.• Deferred revenues as of Sept. 30, 2019 totaled $1.04 billion, an increase of $24 million from the end of 2018.
• During the third quarter of 2019, Verisign repurchased 1.0 million shares of its common stock for an aggregate cost of $194 million. As of Sept. 30, 2019, there was $522 million remaining for future share repurchases under the share repurchase program which has no expiration date.
• Verisign ended the third quarter of 2019 with 157.4 million .com and .netdomain name registrations in the domain name base, a 3.8 percent increase from the end of the third quarter of 2018, and a net increase of 1.27 million during the third quarter of 2019.
• During the third quarter of 2019, Verisign processed 9.9 million new domain name registrations for .com and .net, compared to 9.5 million for the same quarter in 2018.
• The final .com and .net renewal rate for the second quarter of 2019 was 74.2 percent compared with 75.0 percent for the same quarter in 2018. Renewal rates are not fully measurable until 45 days after the end of the quarter.