Radix an advertiser here on TheDomains.com has put out an update on their business. 50% of total revenues coming from the renewals of non premium domains is a decent sign in my opinion.
Some of the key highlights of the attached report:
· 50% + of the total revenue comes from non-premium domain renewals
· $1.76 million can be attributed to premium domains sold & renewed
· US was the top contributor with 49.6% of the total share followed by Germany at 14.4% and China at 7.7%.
13th December, Dubai. Radix, the world’s 4th largest domain portfolio registry, revealed that it has reached $11.7 million in annual revenue and will surpass the $12 million milestone before the end of the calendar year 2017. This is the first time that Radix, a self-funded company, has shared its financial numbers.
The $11.7 million does not include revenue generated in the month of December. The figure also excludes the complete renewal-revenue from domains expiring in November and December as registrants have upto 45 days to renew their domains.
In spite of this, Radix reported that more than 50% of the total revenue has been contributed by non-premium domain renewals. The recurring revenue of non-premium domains was almost 2X of new registrations. Of the total revenue, $1.76 milion can be attributed to premium domains sold & renewed on registrar storefronts as well as one-time premium sales made directly by Radix. One-time premium sales contributed to 14% of this whereas recurring premiums made up the remaining 86%.
Despite being inactive in China through most of Q3 (due to the MIIT restrictions), total revenue in the quarter showed an upward trend. Overall, Radix will be ending 2017 on a high as the November was its best month in terms of new registration revenue.
Drilling down the annual revenue based on registrar country, US was the top contributor with 49.6% of the total share followed by Germany at 14.4% and China at 7.7%.
Started in 2012, Radix is the world’s 4th largest nTLD portfolio registry. Radix is part of the Directi Group, which is currently valued at $1.4 billion. Radix has been an active participant in ICANN’s process to expand the internet naming system, and has obtained the rights to operate over 9 new gTLDs (generic Top Level Domains) including .ONLINE, .STORE, .TECH, .WEBSITE, .SPACE, .PRESS, .SITE, .HOST, and .FUN.