Once again I would like to thank Rick Schwartz for taking the time to do an interview that read more like a domain guidebook.
The interview was long and some people do not like to read the whole article when it’s 2000 words, let alone over 5,600 words.
So here are 10 takeaways from the interview:
- It is far from dead and it may be a Pigeon Shit Bubble. The dollars are real regardless and with 4x as many folks as the USA, that may mean 4X as many fools as well as opportunity.
- DON’T SELL DURING WEAK MARKETS!!
- The Chips market is not dead. What is dead are the domains that were mismarked as “Premium” that may belong in the “Pigeon Shit” pile. Downturns have a way of shaking things out.
On new gtlds
- So many extensions are either ass backwards or the availability of meaningful domain strings are limited.
- there will only be a few of those GTLD’s that may have meaning in our future and there will be lots of.mobi counterparts.
- .Web will suck all the oxygen out of the room and I believe a lot of domain investors that are weak financially won’t be able to participate in that game at all.
- .web will walk away with the crown and they will register 1 million or more domains on the first day of General Availability.
On Domain Parking
- I can’t sleep at night giving away valuable traffic for a fraction of a penny. I would rather spit it into the ocean first.
- PPC still has great value in measuring a domain name in terms of value and importance.
On newcomers investing $1,000
- you have to be thoughtful, methodical, logical and prudent. You have to know about domains!