Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR), sent out a press release today in celebration of the fifth birthday of the .CO web extension and there are released some pretty interesting stats:
• Over 1.8 Million .CO domains under currently under management
• 120 companies using the .Co domain name extension raised $460 million in funding in 2015 (1st half of year)
• Over 55% of .CO registrants are from the United States
• New York City is the top U.S. city with the most .CO domains registered
• Twitter® (T.co), AngelList® (Angel.co) and 500 Startups® (500.co), as well as by innovative Fortune 500 companies, such as Google® (g.co) and American Express® (amex.co) are all using a .Co domain and startups like
Meerkat, Brit + Co, Hinge, Vine, VSCO and NewCo
.Co is the ccTLD for the country of Colombia and at 1.8 million registrations beats the number of .US registrations by 100,000.
According to RegistrarStats.com .US has just over 1.7 million domain names registered.
.US if of course the ccTLD for the United States.
However .CO rebranded itself to represent a generic extension and concentrated its efforts on the startup community like some other ccTLD’s; .TV, .Me. .IO
Here are a couple of Infographics published to celebrate the 5th birthday of .Co.
Congrats guys and Happy Birthday