BTC.com was purchased for $1million as most of our readers know, we talked to Mike Robertson from Domain Guardians earlier in the week. Josh Garza and his company GAW Miners bought the domain, and we had a quick chat with him.
Besides talking to us about the domain side of things, after our interview was completed Josh spoke to Tech Crunch about the Mining side of Bitcoin.
1) Congrats on the purchase of BTC.com, can you tell us a little bit about what your company does and how it makes money?
Josh Garza: GAW Miners sells the latest computer hardware used by people to mine (generate) cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. It’s a child of the GeniusesAtWork network, which I own.
2) Did you consider the Bitcoins.com name that was scheduled last month in the Heritage Auction but got pulled ? Would that have been a better fit for you if in the same price range?
Josh Garza: A three-letter web address makes more sense for our goals. It was considered, but quickly pulled anyway. Zero regrets.
3) Did you consider any New gTLDs which would certainly have been cheaper with the money saved used for marketing?
Josh Garza: Making headlines is marketing. But more importantly, the domain purchase is a small piece of what we’re investing into this industry.
4) Where do you see the future of Bitcoin? Do you see it remaining the dominant crypto currency for the long term?
Josh Garza: It will remain dominant for quite some time, but no one can say for certain. Regardless of which coins survive and which die, cryptocurrency is here to stay and is rapidly going to become mainstream.
5) Do you own a portfolio of Bitcoin related names or was this a one off purchase?
Josh Garza:I own a few.
6) Do you think Bitcoin/CryptoCurrency related domain purchases are a wise investment for our readers out there?
Josh Garza:I think any brandable domain relevant to any growing industry is a solid investment. So yes, I do.