Neustar, Inc. (NSR), the backend provider for the ccTLD’s .US, .CO, the TLD of .biz and hundreds of new gTLD’s today announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 and updated its guidance for 2013.
Results for Second Quarter 2013 Compared to Second Quarter 2012
- Revenue increased 7% to $220.4 million
- Non-NPAC revenue increased 7% to $111.0 million
- Net income increased 12% to $43.4 million
- Net income per share increased 14% to $0.65
Non-GAAP Results for Second Quarter 2013 Compared to Second Quarter 2012
- Adjusted net income increased 11% to $56.9 million, representing a 26% margin
- Adjusted net income per share increased 13% to $0.85
Cash, cash equivalents and investments totaled $381.6 million as of June 30, 2013, compared to $378.2 million as of March 31, 2013 and compared to $343.9 million as of December 31, 2012. During the second quarter, the company purchased approximately 1.5 million shares of its common stock at an average price of $47.09 per share, for approximately $69.3 million.
Business Outlook for 2013
The company reaffirmed its full-year guidance for revenue, previously provided on February 5, 2013 and affirmed on May 2, 2013 and increased its guidance for adjusted net income and adjusted earnings per share:
- Revenue range remains unchanged at $895 million to $915 million;
- Adjusted net income to range from $225 million to $235 million. Prior adjusted net income guidance was between $220 million and $230 million; and
- Adjusted earnings per share to range from $3.38 to $3.53. Prior adjusted earnings per share was between $3.28 and $3.43.