According to a press release today Minds + Machines, announced a new program for brand owners who are considering applying for a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) from ICANN.
The program’s highlights include:
- Ability to acquire a gTLD now, then use it as needed, when needed
- Flexible and innovative pricing commensurate with use – as low as $25,000 per year, up to a maximum of $100,000 per year.
- Full consulting and technical services covering the entire gamut of application, evaluation, launch and technical back-end operations.
- Includes a private ICANN-accredited registrar (if desired)
- Company-friendly workflow allowing for multi-step domain name approvals
- Easy cost control and inter-departmental accounting
- A trusted partner for every aspect of acquiring and using a branded gTLD
Certainly this is an expansion of what other back end providers are offering to clients, both in scope as well as as in pricing.