Company that bought Mi.com for $3.6m sells 50,000 Tablets in 4 minutes

xiaomiimage

Xiaomi paid $3.6 million for the domain name Mi.com back in April, and today they sold 50,000 MiPad tablets in four minutes.

The company said on their website:

Good news! Mi Pad goes on sale for the first time today, and 50, 000 sets of Mi Pad sold out in 3 minutes 59 seconds!

Features of Mi Pad:

• 7.9”IPS display
  • 2048×1536 326 PPI
  • NVIDIA Tegra K1
  • 2GB RAM, 16/64GB Flash, extensible to 128GB via microSD card
  • 8MP rear / 5MP front camera (Camera Samples)
  • 802.11ac 2×2 Wi-Fi6700 mAh battery

NeoWin wrote:

Chinese electronics company Xiaomi is claiming that they have sold 50,000 of their latest tablet, the MiPad, in less than four minutes. It comes as no surprise considering this tablet is packed with an immense amount of power and priced to compete. The device is Xiaomi’s answer to Apple’s iPad Mini Retina.

Here is a look at the tablet:

Comments

Hello MHB,
    Its no mistake equating this much traffic buying participants are contained in the .COM Traffic Grid. Is the picture coming into focus anyone?

Gratefully, Jeff Schneider (Contact Group) (Metal Tiger)

Three and half mil is nothing when you consider apple has paid Cisco $30 an iPhone licensing fee for each iPhone sold since inception do that math. Makes me smile on Shark Tan when Mr wonderful always prefersa “licensing” deal

A Major Company acquired 2 of my tablet names last year and the Company will be launching a major roll-out in 2 months. Of course I didn’t know who the company was until a few months ago. Oh, well, at least I made some great contacts with the company. They also will be sending me some tablet gifts.

Xiaomi can buy my ChartMi.com
    I registered it a while back (2012) to accompany my domain Chart.Me, as I couldn’t get chartme.com. So why did I register chartmi.com (maybe the Latin market?)

MI.com at 3.6 Million — big time bargain.

• Louise says

A Major Company acquired 2 of my tablet names last year

Congrats on the sale! I did some research, and noticed one of the two is brandable (don’t know the second one). Seems like you have a few brandable in your portfolio, instead of straight keyword domain names. the reason I researched it, is because TabletHybrid disappeared from my account in the Moniker migration, until Marti brought it back. Now, someone is trying to hack the login, so I had to block access to any IP except mine, so I wondered if the tablet domain you sold was generic or brandable, but it appears the company you dealt with bought a brandable.

I reckon 100% possibility of a lawsuit from Apple between iPad and MiPad??
    Or is China still exempt?

For a laugh and cos it only cost a dollar I got Mi-Pad.info and it has a little traffic? Must be other speculators?

• Raymond Hackney says

In no way shape or form was there any implication that the company sold 50,000 tablets in 4 minutes because of the domain name Mi.com.