Linda Fox wrote a piece today on Tnooz.com about Tour.com being put up for sale for $3million.
In the past three years, according to information from domain specialist Sedo, a number of premium travel domain sales have taken place:
- Jerusalem.com – $510,000
- Visitstockholm.com – $70,000
- wellnessfinder.com – Euro 300,000
- sommerhus.dk (Danish summer house rentals) – Euro 87,500
- gruppenreisen.de (group travel in German) – Euro 59,500
- hoteles.es (hotels in Spanish) – Euro 275,000
- xinjian.com (a region of China) – $55,000
The company adds that there are more affordable domain such as visiteastlondon, which was sold for $490.
A spokesperson says interest in domain names is high from the travel industry because of increasing numbers of specific travel experiences.
VisitStockholm.com was sold by Mr. Berkens