UDRP Filed On 12 Year Old Generic Domain Name Canary.com
A UDRP has been filed on the generic domain name Canary.com
According to DomainTools.com the domain name was create in 2001 by a Lin ZanSong of China who still seems to be the registrant.
The domain name does not currently resolve however there appears to have been a Chinese baby clothing site on the domain back in 2012 and the domain was parked in 2011 with most links going to topics related to birds.
The Complainant is not yet listed.
On the trademark front there are several trademarks filed on the term “Canary” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Canary LLC of Nevada filed two trademarks, just a month ago on the term.
Canary Connect, Inc. of Delaware just registered a trademark in July 2013 and a company Innovative Biosensors, Inc. has a trademark on the term since 2005.
According to Wikipedia.org the term “Canary” means or can refer to:
- Canary (film), a 2009 independent film
- Canary (anime)
- Canary sack, see Sack (wine)
- Canary, County Armagh
- Canary, a game by Nitrome Limited
- Kedah FA, a Malaysian professional football association team nicknamed “the Canaries”
- an early test version of software, alluding to a Canary in a coal mine
- Google Chrome Canary, a pre-release version of the Chrome browser
- Canary Islands, Spain
- El Canario or José Alberto, Dominican salsa singer
- Canary Wharf, a place in London, United Kingdom
- Canary melon, a yellow fruit
- Canary value, a buffer overflow protection method in computer programming
- Canary wood (disambiguation), a name used to describe wood from a number of tree species
- Canary yellow, a shade of Yellow
- The Canaries (disambiguation)
This domain has already been added to the HallOfShame.com watch list.