Sedo.com just send out a press release announcing “the launch of a new feature that provides quantitative analysis of domains listed for sale on Sedo’s marketplace.”
“This new feature—Domain Value Indicators—offers buyers valuable insight into any domain’s worth by presenting a selection of core statistics on the individual domain name, and how these values compare to other domains listed at Sedo.”
“These values include:
· Global monthly searches: the number of monthly searches for the domain’s keywords globally.
· Regional monthly searches: the number of monthly searches for the domain’s keywords based on the domain extension (e.g. within the UK for any .co.uk).
· Estimated keyword cost-per-click: revenue earned when a user clicks on an ad associated with keywords in the domain.
· Registration years for the same name among top extensions: the year in which this name was registered as a .com, .net, or other top TLD.
· Registrations of keywords among most popular extensions: how frequently the keywords in a name are registered among the top domain extensions. Each extension is weighted by popularity, so .com is proportionally worth more than .net, for example.”
“The Domain Value Indicators show potential buyers the value of a domain by displaying statistics and facts that help them make an informed decision about their purchase.”
“The feature also helps sellers set domain prices, by placing the most important determinants of domain value at their fingertips. The new feature also includes a comparison of the domain’s value with that of other names listed at Sedo, an innovative addition that helps put this value into context for both sellers and buyers.”
“We know that buyers want to have hard facts at their fingertips when making a purchase decision. These facts can be difficult to find by with intangible assets like domain names,” said Liesbeth Mack-de Boer, Sedo’s Chief Sales Officer. “The Domain Value Indicators feature gives end-users the information they need to make an informed—and a faster—choice about domain investments, which in turn helps domain sellers make more sales, more quickly.”
“The Domain Value Indicators feature will act as a complement to Sedo’s Price Suggestion and Appraisal offerings. These services are based on Sedo’s historical transaction data, and make use of both automated pricing tools and the expertise of our international brokerage team to help accurately assess domain name values. The Domain Value Indicators feature will appear on all offer pages.”