Six 17 Year Old “Cyber” Domain Names Are Dropping Tomorrow

Six 17 year old domain names all starting with the word “Cyber” are dropping tomorrow.

The domain names are:

cyberbank.com
cyberbooks.com
cyberdirect.com
cyberexpo.com
cyberprint.com
cybertrip.com

All six appear to have owned by ACTON International Ltd out of Lincoln Nebraska.

Each already have multiple back orders at Namejet.com with CyberBank.com leading the way with 55 back orders.

Its pretty unusual to see six domains this old,  all drop on the same day that were owned by the same party.

Good luck.

Comments

1. Michael H. Berkens says

There are a lot of blogs that publish their highlighted and favorite dropping domains everyday and your on my case about doing it once?

A lot of these old names have random links on google if not real deal links and old sites. So may be good investments, but when they hit my screen I will max bid them and if you pay more I hope you know how to sell if for more than me quickly :-)

3. Michael H. Berkens says

Mike

I guess you should let everyone know what your bidder name is so we know when we are trying to outbid the Mann & are paying too much

No need to be on mike’s case…

We are soon to launch doing exactly that – We shall have Snapnames, namejet, Godaddy, flippa, sedo, bido and many other daily auctions on our site in the coming weeks…

Lets share the auctions so everyone gets a chance.

The drops are big business these days but I agree with Mike Mann – not worth more than 1k unless there is some real traffic… Backlinks etc

5. Anon says

The term “cyber” is not relevant today.
    It once was, but you’d look like a good building your web presence on something “cyber”.

Right up there with “Information Superhighway”.

“CyberBank” is clearly the best of the lot, but I have no idea who would ever come knocking for something like that.

“The term “cyber” is not relevant today.”

Nothing is relevant, it is all relative and perspective.

Your “best” domain still cannot beat “BullS”

7. Back in the real World says

DomainAuctionRoundup.com -

I think the service domain Shane offers is excellent, I read it everyday.

I have no problem with people posting names, you offer a service and you take a % if your cookie is the last etc however:

“Lets share the auctions so everyone gets a chance.”

I dont agree with this, I think it reduces the odds of everyone getting a chance. For example I read Elliots blog the other day who said that he scrolls through the Namejet site looking at who has bid on what and basically adding himself to auctions. If fulltime people like Elliot or Mike Mann want a domain others wont be able to compete. If everyone is doing their own research it at least gives the newcomers an edge if they work harder.

If I see something that has 0 bids I wont bid til the last minute, even if it means waking up at 4 in the morning to do so. Not showing the amount of bids would be better from my POV but obviously doesnt lend itself to making money with competitive auctions.

As I said I like the services you will be offering and I will use your site and wish you good luck with it, but I would like to hear how you think listing domains that others may have been watching quietly increases the chances of success for the multitude as opposed to those with deeper pockets.

8. Leo says

I’ve been letting my old-school ‘Cyber’ domains drop. Better ones than these actually.

I don’t see any life in any of them anymore.

Remember when some chicks thought it was cool to call themselves ‘Cyber Sluts’ in the 90′s? They thought it sounded so cool…..LOL.

9. Innocuous says

Where’s cybersex.com? It’s funny how that’s still very recognizable and relevant, while these aren’t at all. CyberBank is online banking, CyberBooks = Kindle and other eReaders, and CyberTravel = Google Street View. Pass on all of them.

10. Richard Saperstein says

Godaddy has over 200,000 active members that use their auction platform. I agree with Bulls comment about bidding against yourselves. I find domains everyday that have no competition or very weak competition. Let’s not forget all the tlds getting ready to come out in the future!

We are nothing but tadpoles in this massive domain sea. Only 32% of the world is online and that is going to continue to grow. As more people come online, more domain names are going to be needed.

Bottom line, there is plenty of room for the little guys to swim among the sharks and not be eaten by them.

11. SF says

Does have an old school ring. But, still works for certain industries.

Cyber Security may be a pretty big boon for employment in the future.

12. Morrie says

“Remember a key saying in domain speculation “If you beat Mike on the auction you paid too much”

That’s not a key saying in domain speculation. It’s a saying you’ve made up and maintain in your massively delusional, self-inflated mind.

13. Richard Saperstein says

@ Goran: Talked with the reps from Godaddy at Domainfest this year and asked them. Also, talked with my account rep from their as well.

Hope this helps.

I quite like cyber names, think the best we have in .com is cybercentrix.com – pretty old one too, nice play on words, specially if you’re an Asterix & Obelix fan.

We also own cyber.pro – might be old school but think the term has relevance.

As for competing on namejet – we don’t, not worth the effort, like Mike says you better be able to sell them if you outbid any of the biggies on a name.