Rightside Group LTD (NASDAQ: NAME) launched the .GAMES domain extension today.
The Sunrise Phase where trademark holders could preregister names, .GAMES became Rightside’s number-one performing new top level-domain (TLD), seeing applications from virtually every major studio, including Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Nintendo, and Ubisoft Entertainment.
Rightside announced that 239 domain names were registered on the day 6th of the Early Access Period (EAP).
New use cases include:
● Halo.Games and Xbox.Games – Microsoft redirects to Bing search results for the Halo and Xbox series
● F1.Games and GrandPrix.Games – Formula 1 Racing
● Telltale.Games – Developer known for episodic adventure games with licenses to produce games for The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Minecraft, and Batman
● 888poker.Games – Second-largest online poker brand
● Sila.Games – Digital game download store
● MonteCarlo.Games – Casino and gaming operator Societe des Bains de Mer
● CoolMath.Games – Online game aggregator page, loosely themed around math education
The new .GAMES domains are immediately available on a first come-first served basis via Rightside’s registrar partners at www.registrars.rocks. Starting at a suggested retail price of $15.00.
Shares of Rightside rose over 5% today to close at $9.03 in trading.