Public Interest Registry, the not-for-profit operator of the .org domain, today released the results of its bi-annual domain name report “The Dashboard,” detailing the worldwide growth of .org in 2014. The report reveals that the number of .org domain names registered in 2014 rose 1.3 percent, bringing the total domains under management (DUM) to more than 10,500,000 worldwide.
Other findings outlined in “The Dashboard” include:
- Registrations in international markets continue to experience steady growth, including China with 2.9 percent, Spain with 1.6 percent and Japan with 2.9 percent of the total .org registrations worldwide
- For the first time since 2010, Netherlands revisited the top 10 list of .org registrations by country.
- In December 2014, 1.37 million .org, domain names were live in Asia-Pacific, a 16 percent increase compared to December 2013.
- Registrants are renewing their .org registrations at a rate of 81.6 percent for two years or more.
- While .org continues to be used by organisations in nearly every field, information and management were identified as the top two industries supported by the domain, representing more than 35 percent of .org websites.
Download the Dashboard here