Business Insider has put out a detailed report on the Internet of Things.
From the article detailing the report:
Estimates for Internet of Things or IoT market value are massive, since by definition the IoT will be a diffuse layer of devices, sensors, and computing power that overlays entire consumer, business-to-business, and government industries. The IoT will account for an increasingly huge number of connections: 1.9 billion devices today, and 9 billion by 2018. That year, it will be roughly equal to the number of smartphones, smart TVs, tablets, wearable computers, and PCs combined.
- Breaks down which products and industries on the consumer and enterprise sides are seeing the biggest investment in the IoT, and what sorts of technologies are gaining the most traction
- Considers where growth will come from in the future
- Sizes the market for the IoT in terms of total devices, revenue, and economic value
- Explores what the building blocks of IoT devices are, how these devices will be linked with consumers, and what solutions the smart objects will be designed to address
- Considers the obstacles that could hinder the IoT from realizing its full potential, including differing standards and uncertain ROI
To access BI Intelligence’s full report, Here Comes The Internet Of Things, sign up for a free trial subscription here. Subscribers also gain access to over 100 in-depth reports on social and mobile, and hundreds of charts and datasets.