While many domainers have written off O.co, it appears Overstock.com has not.
According to a press release issued yesterday, Overstock has just selected the Priceline Partner Network, a unit of priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), to power Overstock’s new travel website, called O.co Travel.
“”O.co Travel customers will have access to a robust collection of travel services from the Priceline Partner Network, including:
- Priceline’s Name Your Own Price® travel services that can deliver savings of up to 60% off hotel rooms, up to 40% off flights and up to 40% off rental cars;
- The ability to book published-price hotel rooms through thousands of quality chain and independent hotels around the world. O.co Travel customers also will have access to Priceline’s extensive database of hotel freebies, including instant discounts, free breakfast, free Internet access, and more;
- The ability to book rental car reservations worldwide. O.co Travel will also support rental car company discount codes;
- Airline ticketing with almost all major airlines through priceline.com. This service includes seat mapping, the ability to book different classes of seats, and it supports airline frequent flier numbers,
- A broad lineup of money-saving air & hotel vacation packages. When air and hotel are booked together, customers can save up to $500 compared to booking separately.”
“Our partnership with priceline.com allows us to offer customers an in-depth travel site,” said Overstock.com President Jonathan Johnson. “We constant receive customer feedback and tailor our offerings to these customer preferences. With Priceline’s lineup of travel services, including Name Your Own Price, our customers can be sure they’re getting the best travel deals available on the Internet today.”
“Overstock.com has built a brand that’s known for saving consumers money across a broad spectrum of products,” said Randy Schartner, President of the Priceline Partner Network. “We believe that Priceline’s broad array of travel services, which are also focused on delivering savings, will fit well with Overstock.com’s products and mission. We look forward to working with them.”