What? Kim Kardashian Is The KeyNote Speaker for Webfest Global

Kim Kardashian has been named as the KeyNote Speaker for Webfest Global.

I know, read it again.

Yes I have the same look on my face when I got the email from Oversee.net this evening.

“‘As you know, Kim is a highly successful entrepreneur. ” Oversee wrote

“We are looking forward to her sharing insights and perspective related to how she has leveraged her brand to build many successful businesses, including ShoeDazzle.com, and to help many charities, like the Dream Foundation.  In addition, her expertise and use of social media—some 17 million followers on Twitter–will make for a compelling fireside chat with Oversee.net’s CEO Debra Domeyer”.

Beyond stunned was my 1st reaction.

My second reaction was, is it April’s Fool’s day already?

No doubt Kim can chat about social media, reality  TV shows, branding themselves and short marriages.

What is Kim going to educate business owners on in what used to be a domain show and now calls itself an online media conference, well frankly I don’t know.

On the domain front I should not that Kim’s domain name KIMKARDASHIAN.COM, goes to a subdomain on celebuzz.com as does her sisters; Khole, at khloekardashian.celebuzz.com, and Kourtney at  celebuzz.com/kourtney-kardashian or the kardashian’s in general at celebuzz.com/news/kardashian

I’m sure many of you will welcome the photo opp, so I think I will just got back to stunned and say:

Oh Boy

Let the comments begin.

Comments

Well, they did have Elvis at TRAFFIC once, but he wasn’t the keynote. Hell, he wasn’t even real. But Kim’s not exactly real, either, is she? LOL!

DomainFest becomes WebFest Global becomes F*:)fest Global.

Oh, that was just rude. I’m rude!

2. Paul says

She can also speak about s*x tapes. Which is how the Kardashian gravy train started rolling.

She can also speak about “momagers”.

Frankly, her mother should be the KeyNote Speaker, not Kim. That woman is a force to be reckoned with. She took four average kids and spun them into celebrities.

When it comes to TV programming I think Steve Jobs said it best…

“When you’re young, you look at television and think, There’s a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that’s not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want. That’s a far more depressing thought. Conspiracy is optimistic! You can shoot the bastards! We can have a revolution! But the networks are really in business to give people what they want. It’s the truth.”

Interview in WIRED magazine (February 1996)

Kim, low an behold is a smart woman.. the name has been changed for this even because it will be a lot more broad, and no one else destroys social media like Kim does…will be interesting to say the least.

I have bought a ticket, and I hope what you said “I’m sure many of you will welcome the photo opp” is true, my family would be well jealous if I got a picture with her, but I somehow doubt pics will be available.

4. Adam Strong says

So Paul, you’re saying that Webfest is just giving us all what we want, eh?

Acro, of course this is just like a pinata for Rick to smack around.

Best be careful though some of us “nerds in the audience” remember a certain TRAFFIC speaker who was a bit disconnected too.

Paul

I’m going to agree with you on that one Kris would have been a much more interesting pick, however I was hoping for Kim Dotcom, I mean how can a former domain conference not go with the guy named dotcom

Seriously Kim has done well the gift’s god gave her, we don’t hate here, but how is her experience, her situation going to help anyone in the crowd?

Rick got a Christmas present early, but a lot of early domainers made their first money in sex related material and so did Kim.

During the fireside chat will anyone have the stones to bring up the sex tape ? Or bring a box cover for autograph ?

7. JNet says

Good Grief ! … That’s just Wrong & Cheesy ! … Holy Cantalopes !

IMO that’s on par with picking Paris Hilton… she’s sorta like Paris but with darker hair and …bigger Bbbones… or da Chef with long hair & bigger bbbankroll

Main attributes or pro skill of both seems to be “famous for being famous” … not trying to be snippy here,, just accurate

Akin to Paris Hilton … she propelled her career “scanadalous” sex tape tape stuff

Wikipedia —-> “Kardashian was a friend of Paris Hilton, who introduced her to the socialite scene.”

@MHB

Forget Kim! We all know the biggest earners in the domaining world are sex based typo domains! And, how many of those might be *kim* ;)

I am more concerned with the continually degrading quality of English in your posts over the past few months, while simultaneously seeing an increase in FB likes from a particular demography on the other side of the globe. No, I am not racist and nothing wrong with outsourcing, but look at these bloopers:

“I know read it again.”

“Yes I have the same look”

“What Kim going to education business owners”

“I will just got back”

And, punctuation mistakes like the 4th paragraph not ending with a period.

9. JNet says

@ MB
    “I thought her email account got hacked into.

Its just soooooo strange”
    ——————————-
    Yaaa !

For a moment I thought it was April Fools Day !

Wonder if Snooki ot “Mike, The Situation” were runner-ups

Who comes up with this stuff?
    Just when they finally ditch the disease ridden Mansion grotto… they just have to go an F’ck it up with this idea?

Look, the Mansion was fun, it gave a lot of folks that have never seen that world up close a glimpse – but that never really was an added business tool (unless blackmail counts). Now we get this as the KEYNOTE speaker? Seriously?

As was mentioned previously, Kris would be a far better choice. Face it, she is the one with business savvy, not Kim.

…as one who lived through the ridiculous drama/trauma/congestion from ass-weasel paparazzi from her wedding nearby, all I can say is RIDICULOUS.

Yes, Kim Dotcom would have been a waaay better choice.

11. rickdomainer says

They went from pictures with playmates… To a pic with pregnant Kim kardashian. On top of that, I am sure part of my entrance fee will go directly to her for this pleasure instead helping the playmates pay for school..

Ummm… I would love to see how they spin this one..

12. Paul says

@ JNet

Ah, a loaded question. I’m sure one could find many emotional responses to your question.

I would say LUCKY. Lucky to have born with looks, which translated into a successful s*x tape. That tape started it all. Lucky the s*x tape (which was “supposedly” leaked) went viral. Lucky to have been born to a wealthy celebrity lawyer, who left his family with loads of money (capital) and plenty of important contacts (partners). Lucky to have a momager like Kris, who is a skilled negotiator and savvy businesswomen. Luck plays a role in every success story. I don’t knock her for it. Nor does it negate her hard work. But Kim is one lucky woman.

If one wanted to be flattering, one could say “opportunist”.