Forbes Shines The Light On .Me Domains Including Meet.me
Forbes.com just told the world about .Me domains and highlighted Meet.me as one of the top 10 sites using a .Me domain that people should keep an eye on.
“After you’ve found the guts to start your own venture, have assembled the right team, and have an initial product, you start brainstorming company names. As you’re brainstorming company names, you cross them with available domain names. You quickly realize the only decent length “.com”s left are “apsoif.com”. ”
“Sadly, even if you can figure out how to pronounce that, there’s no way your customer is going to remember it.”
“Then came the great country of Montenegro, meaning black mountain.”"
.Me domains were “made available to the public in 2008. Since then, US startups have flocked to “.me”s. “”
“Why? Well, first off, they’re available.”
“Second, if you have the choice between “.am”, “.ag.”, “.ws” and other similar names, you’re going to choose the one that actually means something in English.”
“Third, the “.me” has a personalized feel. You can connect with the user.”
“Many other startups ..have used the .me naming convention.
“A few cool ones are:”
1. Brideside.me – Bridesmaid dress startup out of Chicago
2. Meet.me – Dating/meetup site
3. Tap.me – Advertising & gaming site
4. Outgrow.me – Place to discover successfully funded Kickstarter & IndieGoGo projects
5. Hoot.me – Connect with classmates and tutors
6. Bazaart.me – Become a fashionista through Pinterest
7. Tango.Me – Tango is a video calling service
8. Sonar.Me – App that tells you when your friends and friends’ friends are nearby
9. Homescreen.Me - App that lets you share your iOS devices’ homescreens
10. Join.Me – Instant screen sharing app