Sedo Sells XINJIANG.COM For $55K & MSG.Me For $25K

Two sales just crossed the Sedo sales wire, XINJIANG.COM For $55K and MSG.Me For $25K.

MSG.me was owned by StartNow International Limited of Great Britain.

I’m going to say the buyer was the owner of message.me, although the domain is still in escrow at Sedo.com

Message.me just sold at Sedo in June for $20K.

Message.me is a partially developed site which is also showing as Sedo as owner at the moment.

Here is what Message.me says on their site:

“”What is message.me?

message.me allows you to get urgent or time sensitive messages pushed to you without you having to share your mobile number. By creating a message.me link, you create a way for people to send messages directly to you while keeping your mobile number completely private.

How would you use message.me?

Use message.me in your email signature and give people the option of pushing urgent messages to you. Add message.me to your online store and let your customers text you directly. Add message.me links to your Craigslist postings by providing a message.me contact option instead of email. For more information on how to use message.me links, click here.
Username

Your username allows you to log in and manage all of your links, and also lets you personalize your links by including your username in the url.

Links

message.me links are the web-based keys that allow people to message you. Once you have connected your mobile with message.me, you’ll get a url that links directly to you and replaces the need to publish your mobile number online.

Link names

By adding names to your message.me links, you can create unique labels for the various links you publish. For example, if you’re selling your bike on Craigslist, you can name a message.me link “bike” so that all messages triggered from that link will include the label “#bike” as a reference.

Embed codes

Using the embed code rather than a link, you can embed an html message.me button on your website or blog.

Take it mobile

Whenever you click on a message.me link or button and start a new conversation, the respondent has the option to transfer the conversation from a web-based conversation to a mobile conversation. Even after a conversation is taken mobile, mobile numbers are never revealed.

Expire links

At any point, you can choose to expire any of your additional links. When a link is expired, you’ll no longer receive messages from the link. If someone clicks an expired link, we’ll inform them that the link is no longer active and cannot deliver messages.

Stopping a conversation

To end a conversation, send the message “stop” at any time. Once the message is delivered, both parties will be informed that the conversation has ended and messages will no longer be delivered.”

XINJIANG.COM was owned by Abstract Holdings International LTD and is now registered to “houzhaobo” with no address or other information.

The domain does not currently resolve.

Xinjiang (XUAR) is an autonomous region of the People’s Republic of China, located in the northwest of the country.

It is the largest Chinese administrative division and spans over 1.6 million km2.

Xinjiang borders Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, has abundant oil reserves and is China’s largest natural gas-producing region.

Comments

1. Jp says

These Chinese names are hot lately. Seeing a bunch go through with heavy bid counts on NameJet too.

Right now on NameJet:

Jiaoche.com, 140 bidders and $2k
    Xueke.com, 101 / $1002
    Yinuo, 74/$1k
    Piaoji,72,$1k

And quite a few others that seem they are on their way.

I don’t know what any of this stuff means but it’s hot.

Mike xinjiang was actually included in Sedo sales report yesterday, they posted it late on the site.

Did you think MSG.me would sell that high ? Any chance its Madison Square Garden as the buyer ?

3. Michael H. Berkens says

MSG could have been bought by the Garden but message.me looks more likely since that domain is also “registered” to Sedo.com at the moment.

4. Michael H. Berkens says

.Me of course

This is an end user purchase

I think your going to see that msg.me sold to the same company that just brought message.me for $20K in june

Why they picked Message.me rather than intersting.me, well it didn’t fit the end users concept

Very cool sale of XINJIANG.COM….An Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China (equivalent to a US State in China).

China’s the hottest thing around now – and will be, imo, for the forseeable future.

…I own GUANGIZHUANG.COM, another Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China…..Maybe the time has come to list it for sale… :)

@Domainer’s Choice:

“…Guangxi Zhuang not Guangi Zhuang, hope you registered the correct version….”

Good pick up on my typo… :)

Yes, I have the correct spelling of: GUANGXIZHUANG.com

@Dave Wrixon:

Americans aren’t the only people in the world, Dave….Half the Western world are visiting China now on vacations – and, more are doing business there….If Americans haven’t heard of these places, I recommend they learn about them – fast.

7. Dave Wrixon says

@Voltaire

Yes, indeed. But it should be noted that most Geo terms generate the bulk of their search volume locally. In my opinion Chinese Character Domains are worth much more for such terms.

@ Dave Wrixon:

Agreed re typical search volume metrics on Geo’s.

Two key things make Autonomous Regions Geo’s potentially very valuable:

- Within only 10 years, China’s economy will be larger than the economy of the US. China is growing that fast, and is that big (for example, China is currently opening, & bringing on grid, a brand new electricity generator power plant every single WEEK…!!).

In China, the State runs the economy. All key decisions re China strategy, and China’s massively developing economy, are made by the Government. They will want to control how their Economic Regions are projected to the world, and how their Industry markets itself to the rest of the world….Guangxi Zhuang, for example, was declared an ‘Economic Zone’ in China in recent years. It also has the only sea port in the Gulf of Tonkin in Southern China.

Sooner or later, a State-controlled body in China will likely wish to own the Regional Geo’s of China, imo.

- Alternatively, there is massive entrepreneurial activity in China, too….Millions & millions of new businesses, growing fantastically fast….In due course, one of them will likely see advantage in owning their Autonomous Regional .com domain to market their business globally. The dollar amount they pay won’t be all that relevant to them, imo.

The 21st century is now, and it is the Asian century. China, India et al is where the biggest game of all is for the forseeable future, imo.