The Next BIG Thing Is 3D: Who Owns Best Domains? (Hint: Its not Me, Frank, Kevin Or Even Rick )

I sure blew this one.

But at least I’m not alone.

The next big thing is going to be 3D.

3D was the talk of the Consumers Electronic Show in Vegas in January.

3d Tv’s are already on sale and the World Cup was broadcast by Directv in 3D.

ESPN is launching its own 3D channel any day now on Directv.

Yup its going to be huge and I missed to boat completely.

However it doesn’t look like I’m alone.

Looking through the best 3D domains I could think of it doesn’t look like Frank, Kevin or even Rick  locked up any of the best 3D domains or at least what I consider to be the best of the best.

I thought it would be interesting to take a look to see who owns the best of the 3D domains.

Lets start with the 5 star domain for the topic,  3D.com.

Its owned under privacy at Network Solutions.

The domain name was created all the way back in 1994.

The domain goes to a Net Sol, parked page so whoever owns it, isn’t making any money off of it, and it does get thousands of visitors a month according to Compete and Alexa.

A Waste.

3DTV.COM Is owned by an end user, Brad Beckerman of Beverly Hills, California

Its actually a pretty cool flash site you should check it out.

3DTELEVISION.COM and 3DGlasses.com are owned by an end user, Deep Vision 3D, of  Hollywood, CA, although the 3dtelevision.com domain is not resolving properly for me the company sells 3DGlasses on the 2nd domain.

The domain, 3-DGLASSES.COM is owned by an end user, Theatric Support of  Studio City, California

3DTVS.COM is registered to Jon Schultz of  Blue String Ventures, Inc.

The domain, 3-dtv.com goes to a parked page and is under privacy.

Ted Amaradidis of Delray Beach Florida, owns  3-DMOVIES.COM and 3Dmovies.com and 3Dmovies.tv

3DTELEVISIONS.COM is owned by domainer,  Gregg Ostrick of  GNO, Inc.

3DSPORTS.COM is owned by our good friend Chad Folkening of  Ecorp.

3DMOVIETHEATERS.COM is owned by Ralf Schumacher, who is another fellow I know pretty well.

3DTHEATERS.COM is owned by a Daniel Symmes of  Woodland Hills, CA and is another domain not resolving properly.

The domain name,  3DADVERTISING.COM is owned by our good friend Stephen Douglas of Success Click.

The domain 3dprojectors.com is owned by Scott Bennett of  Glasgow who is using it for a blog.

3DGAMES.COM is owned by another good friend and ICANN’s worst nightmare, George Kirikos.

3D.TV and 3-D.Tv are both owned by a Guy named Ben Geren.

(If you are not familiar with Mr. Geren He also owns some of the best possible .FM domains,  including Rock.FM, HipHop.FM, Classical.FM, and Country.FM, ClassicRock.FM, and Oldies.FM just to name a few as well as some pretty good .TV Domains including, wireless.tv, channels.tv. concerts.tv and cinema.tv)

Congrats boys, you own part of the future and you all kicked my ass.

Comments

As far as 3D Printer domains go… I only have one left (that I can recall off hand) and that is 3dBio-Printer (dot) com. I have either sold or dropped all my other names.

Hmmm…. I still think that Bio Printing is going to be a huge market within the 3D printing world.

and more info along the same lines:

The possibilities here to extend life are pretty phenomenal in my opinion.

Just my take on 3D printer domain names.

Cheers

International 3D Society to Welcome 3D Leaders from China, Japan, Korea, the U.K., and Europe to Creative Arts Awards Ceremony, February 1st

3D creatives from throughout Asia, Europe and the U.S. will gather next Wednesday night at the Beverly Hills Hotel for the International 3D Society Annual Creative Arts Awards. The black-tie dinner will honor 3D movies, television programs, advertising, and video games. ‘Hugo’ Director and Golden Globe winner, Martin Scorsese, will receive the Society’s Harold Lloyd Award, and Sony Corporation of America will receive the Sir Charles Wheatstone Award for 3D education.

NFC???
    National Football Conference? (That is what I know NFC as)

Not sure how that fits into the topic at hand unless its some obscure angle on 3D Football.

I like the name, dont get me wrong. I am just trying to figure out how it relates to the topic. Maybe I am missing something.

Cheers

Jack,

To give an indication of my potential with NFCFOCUS.COM , NFCDIRECT.COM sold for $2,688. The sale was in June 2011 but now things are starting to get more interesting on the NFC front, I hope to get more for mine.

Cheers

The sale of NFCDirect.com is irrelevant to NFCFocus.com

The buyer wanted NFC as their acronym – Nissan Forklift Corporation.

“Direct” is also a much more popular ending than “Focus”.

Comparing Apples to Oranges, but best of luck with it.

Brad

….or should i have said thanks Brad for the $100,000 offer but im good for now.

I looked up the ip address for the offer and they come from Fishers Indiana , funny enough Brad is based in Fishers Indiana.

Sorry to say brad but that is bad, very immature , how can you run a successful business with datacube.com and send daft things like that to people, hope no body sends you daft offers for your domains. I suppose domaining has its bad points, and people.

Cheers

@ WalletDomains.com

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I did not make an offer on your domain, and don’t appreciate being accused of it.

I run a successful business, and have better things to do that make offers on domains I have no interest in.

If you are going to make claims against me, and imply I am a bad person, you better be willing to back it up. Are you?

Brad

@brad

At 10.11am yesterday (uk time) you went onto my site or someone did in indiana and at 10.19am i receive an email offering $100,000 , coming from my site. Please provide me with a contact email and i will send u the email and a screenshot of my stat counter. Now i apologise if this was not u but it seems a bit funny with you replying to my post a minute earlier.

Event status: Not started (Register)
    Date and time: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:00 am
    Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
    Change time zone
    Duration: 1 hour
    Description: Driven by the emergence of individual display applications, printed, organic, and flexible displays are poised to unseat liquid crystal displays as device portability becomes an increasing concern. As electrophoretics proved in e-readers, for an emerging technology to make an impact, it must find markets that fit its properties, performance, and cost. The market for liquid crystal displays is already well over $100 billion, so the potential opportunity for emerging technologies is enormous. However, not all emerging display technologies will capitalize on this market potential and backing the right technology at the right time is critical for success.

This webinar will examine:

• The future cost of printed, flexible, and organic display technologies and devices
    • The growing market size of these technologies
    • Challenges and opportunities to capitalize on emerging display innovation

- Lux Research’s Calculating the Approaching Upheaval from Printed, Organic, and Flexible Display Innovation Webinar