The Next BIG Thing Is 3D: Who Owns Best Domains? (Hint: Its not Me, Frank, Kevin Or Even Rick )

I sure blew this one.

But at least I’m not alone.

The next big thing is going to be 3D.

3D was the talk of the Consumers Electronic Show in Vegas in January.

3d Tv’s are already on sale and the World Cup was broadcast by Directv in 3D.

ESPN is launching its own 3D channel any day now on Directv.

Yup its going to be huge and I missed to boat completely.

However it doesn’t look like I’m alone.

Looking through the best 3D domains I could think of it doesn’t look like Frank, Kevin or even Rick  locked up any of the best 3D domains or at least what I consider to be the best of the best.

I thought it would be interesting to take a look to see who owns the best of the 3D domains.

Lets start with the 5 star domain for the topic,  3D.com.

Its owned under privacy at Network Solutions.

The domain name was created all the way back in 1994.

The domain goes to a Net Sol, parked page so whoever owns it, isn’t making any money off of it, and it does get thousands of visitors a month according to Compete and Alexa.

A Waste.

3DTV.COM Is owned by an end user, Brad Beckerman of Beverly Hills, California

Its actually a pretty cool flash site you should check it out.

3DTELEVISION.COM and 3DGlasses.com are owned by an end user, Deep Vision 3D, of  Hollywood, CA, although the 3dtelevision.com domain is not resolving properly for me the company sells 3DGlasses on the 2nd domain.

The domain, 3-DGLASSES.COM is owned by an end user, Theatric Support of  Studio City, California

3DTVS.COM is registered to Jon Schultz of  Blue String Ventures, Inc.

The domain, 3-dtv.com goes to a parked page and is under privacy.

Ted Amaradidis of Delray Beach Florida, owns  3-DMOVIES.COM and 3Dmovies.com and 3Dmovies.tv

3DTELEVISIONS.COM is owned by domainer,  Gregg Ostrick of  GNO, Inc.

3DSPORTS.COM is owned by our good friend Chad Folkening of  Ecorp.

3DMOVIETHEATERS.COM is owned by Ralf Schumacher, who is another fellow I know pretty well.

3DTHEATERS.COM is owned by a Daniel Symmes of  Woodland Hills, CA and is another domain not resolving properly.

The domain name,  3DADVERTISING.COM is owned by our good friend Stephen Douglas of Success Click.

The domain 3dprojectors.com is owned by Scott Bennett of  Glasgow who is using it for a blog.

3DGAMES.COM is owned by another good friend and ICANN’s worst nightmare, George Kirikos.

3D.TV and 3-D.Tv are both owned by a Guy named Ben Geren.

(If you are not familiar with Mr. Geren He also owns some of the best possible .FM domains,  including Rock.FM, HipHop.FM, Classical.FM, and Country.FM, ClassicRock.FM, and Oldies.FM just to name a few as well as some pretty good .TV Domains including, wireless.tv, channels.tv. concerts.tv and cinema.tv)

Congrats boys, you own part of the future and you all kicked my ass.

Comments

The Optimus G features QSlide Function that shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. With this function, users can send a message or search the web while watching a video. For example, if a user gets a text message while watching dramas, the message would be seen in the other translucent screen. The degree of screen clearness can be adjusted with a slide button.

There is a new, dual/multi screen tech in town: Overlay UI, so I took advantage of Moniker $5.99 promotion and registered it!
    Slamming video at 35 seconds with overlay ui (q-slide):

2. dmpartners@yahoo.com says

Just caught Go Daddy selling my 3DMammogram.org domain in one of there auctions without my consent. They blamed it on Sedo. Nice try. Go Daddy was caught shill bidding now they are caught selling domains in auctions without consent, Man I wish I had a good lawyer

@ DM, Would you log into Sedo and take a screenshot of the “owner” of the domain? This is what you do: You press Shift/Print Screen or Function button/Print Screen. Then email it to me. I’d like to compare, because my TabletHybrid was for sale on Afternic with a Domain For Sale link on DomainTools. Before you complain about it to Sedo, log in and take a screen shot where it says, “Learn more about the seller,” and email it to me.

After snapping the screenshot according to the directions, above, you can open Paint and paste it: go to Start in the bottom left. Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint, and press Control V, and save it as JPG.

If it sells, GD will move it from your account – do you think this is an accident?

Can you chat with a Sedo rep, then save the conversation? Save the conversation to a text file. Tell Sedo you are the owner, that the domain is NOT for sale, and that the whole complaint is going to Lawrence Strickling of NTIA. Tell the Sedo rep GD pushed it to auction without your authorization, and that Sedo has to make a note of your complaint against GD.

Stop that auction.

Further, no more phone calls. The Big companies prefer phone calls, because there is no record.

This is how you save the conversation: Copy is Control C, then open Notepad in Accessories, the way I told you, above. Control V is paste.

Even if there is an option to email the conversation, save it first.

No more phone calls. Everything saved; screenshots, everything.

7. dmpartners@yahoo.com says

Louise

I sent a complaint to Domain Theft. This is no accident, I renewed the domain for another year. 2 days ago it was not in GD auction then I renew it and there it is 60 dollars start bid. Thats BS

@ dmpartners, It’s your word against godaddy – document everything! Keep a notebook by the phone, and take notes on every phone conversation. Get a last name or employee #, write down the date and time, and initial it. You and I are not MHB or Elliot Silver. We are just getting started, and don’t have a world-renowned blog. We must live by our wits.

9. dmpartners@yahoo.com says

Louise I have screen shots documents names everything when they shill bid against me in a fake back order just 4 months ago I contacted a lawyer with proof positive and the guy did not want the case. This deal I was going to take the screen shot but said forget it, Then I called GD and they deleted it during the call. So my post was for all domainers to watch your domains on Go Daddy keep looking them up to make sure they are not auctioning them off without consent,

NuWallet, Available on iPhone and Android-Based Phones, Gives Consumers Secured Control of Their Digital Wallet
    sacbee.com/2012/09/27/4860475/nuwallet-available-on-iphone-and.html

@ DM, It’s not too late for 3DMammogram.org. It is still listed for sale on GD auctions, Sedo, and DomainTools, the latter two, because they are partners. This is what you do:

Contact by email or chat each company to complain that you NEVER listed 3DMammogram.org for sale, and keep your records. For instance, you may email GD at abuse@godaddy.com.

Then you have to snailmail Lawrence Strickling at:

Lawrence E. Strickling
    Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information
    Herbert C. Hoover Building (HCHB)
    U.S. Department of Commerce
    National Telecommunications and Information Administration
    1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20230

copies of your complaint, and

James Tierney
    Chief
    Networks and Technology Section of the Antitrust Division
    U.S. Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20530-0001

for good measure.

Not to be obnoxious, but Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah! Oh Yeah!

Over-the-air broadcasters have nothing to fear from Smart TV, at least for now: Ovum

Discovery Networks Is Brightcove’s First Partner For Its Dual-Screen Apple TV Service, Live First In Italy

Apple TV and AirPlay Fuel Rise of Dual-Screen Apps

No matter how much criticism my portfolio has taken, how many barbs tossed my way, no matter where and when 3D/holo catch on, I MUCH prefer MY portfolio over anyone else’s! The future trend domainers inspire me; some top domainers – like MHB and Schwartz, not to mention, Douglas, Linton, Wood, Silver, Rosen and others in that group, and I am watching what they do, and choosing my own direction. Thank you, thank you, thank you . . .

3Dmovie doesn’t appear on that link – did it sell?
    It does look encouraging, @Leigh!
    HybridRemote[s]RemoteHybrid flew under everybody’s radar, but it’s been out there since last year! I hand reg’d them July 29th, 2012.
    Motorola unveils Hybrid remote control built for XBMC
    geek.com/articles/gadgets/motorola-unveils-hybrid-remote-control-built-for-xbmc-2011047

I applied domainers’ suggestions to go with Hybrid as the adjective, instead of the other way . . . Thanx! :D

Would you check your cloud, 3D, and “i” list on EmergingDomains, to see if they’re current? @ Giles, I know you sold several cloud domains . . . I am putting the final touches before I contact end users for Emerging domains. I made the Dev, 3D, and hologram categories richer by putting links to 3 portfolios under, “Dev,” and adding news to 3D and hologram . . . 2013 is my year to make $$, so please update your listings, if you want to grab on.

Do you think these type of domains are still going to pick up value?

Apart from 3D cinema (that isn’t new at all) I haven’t seen too much noise around the whole 3D thing, maybe the timing isn’t right yet, or are they going to be a non lasting fad, like 3G domains in the past?

Nice going, with one-of-a-kind 8Kdot tv! Though, it’s hard for the human eye to discern 8K on a small screen, when 4K is being shown in movie complexes . . . How do you like the BendyBook, above? ;)

Does anyone have any ideas what Facebook’s big announcement is going to be?

I want to take a stab. Of course, taking a chance and finding the corresponding dot com is a fun investment!

So far, journalists have no clue. The announcement is by invitation, and sounds groundbreaking.

So, let me go on record, and take a long shot guess from abstract thinking from something I discovered doing research yesterday: Veveo.com. Facebook is going to buy, Veveo.

My stab at a guess of Facebook’s announcement involves Veveo, yet CNBC’s live blog site for the announcement has a statement that it doesn’t involve a company . . .

There don’t appear to be any short domains related to Veveo’s patents left!

corporate.veveo.net/technology/personal-graphs

It’s pretty big news! Graph Search, and Facebook is collaborating with Bing! All you Facebook haters better HOPE Facebook succeeds, so that Bing can get in there and grab some of Google’s search community.